How to Connect Phone to Tv Without WiFi
Plan on watching your favorite TV show, a football match, or simply watching a Youtube video on the big screen TV rather than your small Android phone, though forgot to pay for WiFi? Have you considered connecting your phone to your television without using WiFi? It is possible to mirror your screen without using WiFi.
It has become very easier to do this as technology continues to progress. You may easily connect your WiFi to any smart TV and enjoy your picture quality.
But what if you don’t have access to WiFi or your tv isn’t a smart television? In this article, we will tell you the methods of how to connect phone to tv without WiFi.
5 ways about how to connect phone to tv without WiFi
1. HDMI Cable
An HDMI cable can be used to connect your phone to the television. You’ll need three things for this: an HDMI cable, an MHL adaptor, and a USB cable. It’s also a good idea to see if your device is connected with MHL or HDMI cords. After ensuring that your device, television, and cables are all compatible, connect the phone to the television by following the steps below:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your television.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the HDMI cable’s other end.
- Connect your phone to one side of the MHL adaptor.
- Next, connect the USB cable’s other side to the MHL’s and change the output to HDMI input.
If the procedures are done correctly, you should be able to watch your show on your television rather than on your Android phone.
Note: The HDMI cords are not supported by all phones.
2. Google Chromecast
Chromecast is a device that allows you to stream videos via your phone to your television.
However, this device can be used in two ways: with or without WiFi. Here’s how you can do it: The way to use Chromecast to connect your phone to your TV without utilizing WiFi is to use Ethernet. Here’s how you can put it to use:
- Connect the Chromecast to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Although Chromecast doesn’t normally come with an ethernet connector, ethernet power adapters are available. Use an Ethernet adapter and attach it to your Chromecast through its USB wire. You can buy an appropriate USB cable if it does not come with one.
- Connect the ethernet connection to the ethernet jack on the power cord and the ethernet jack on the internet source. And you’ve chosen to watch from your television.
Ethernet is a type of residential broadband network that can be used rather than the Google Home app, which needs WiFi and a connection to the internet to get started.
3. Screen Mirroring
To do so, you’ll need the Google Chromecast, the Google Home app, and a screen mirroring option on your television. You simply mirror your phone screen on the TV screen using the Google Home app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Using the phone’s hotspot, link your Chromecast to the TV.
- In the Google Home app, go to the ‘account tab,’ choose the mirror device’ item, and then Cast screen.
- Choose what you really want to watch and enjoy it on your television.
Another useful technique is screencasting. When your TV doesn’t have a screen mirroring function, it comes in useful. Because not all apps enable the capability, this method is a little picky. The following is how it works:
- Open the appropriate app on your phone and turn on your television.
- Look for the passcode on your television and enter it into the compatible app on your phone.
- On your phone, select the cast option and enjoy the show.
It is related to screen mirroring; however, just one app can be used at a time.
Another simplistic method to connect a phone to a TV without WiFi is to use a laptop.
- To begin, connect your HDMI cable to both your television and your laptop’s HDMI port.
- Next, using a USB cord, you connect your smartphone to your laptop.
- Change the input on the TV to HDMI, choose what you’re seeing on your laptop from your phone files, and enjoy the show.
Your laptop will serve as a bridging device, allowing you to see what’s on your phone just on the TV screen.
In this article, we have shared how to connect phone to tv without WiFi. So stay updated out for HDMI and MHL cable connectivity with your television. If you wish to use screen mirroring, be careful to check if your television offers the feature.
The Chromecast can be of any version what a relief to know that you can now watch your favorite show or movie on your television instead of your phone’s small screen.
Read More: How To Send A Picture On Tinder – 3 ways that work